About Me

My photo
Hai! My name is Alixx. Many would say I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, however, many do not truly know me. Within my writing, I am able to reveal my true self without restrictions. To me, writing is the loudest way of expressing yourself, for no one can silence your words upon parchment. And so, within these blog entries, I leave small pieces of myself, along with the memories and events that have caused me to become who I am today. With little left unsaid, I shall leave you be, to finally proceed whatever more interesting activities you were doing before deciding read this completely pointless paragraph.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

fifteen, going on none.

Tomorrow's that 'big day.' You know, the one that you wait and strive for since that day you could make your barbie dolls talk, in correct English. Since you hit double digits with the 'big 10.' Since you could walk in heels without breaking your neck. That one day you wish for, as if everything that happens on that one day will complete your life.
Sixteen.
Is it really that happy ending everyone makes it out to be? Really? Or is it simply another lie your parents feed you to keep you sane and well-behaved, like Santa Clause, or The Easter Bunny, or The Tooth Fairy.
"If you stay alive and commit to celibacy until your sixteen, you'll live happily ever after."
As the clock ticks away the hours, minutes, seconds until this day, I bite my nails with such anxiety and fear that this 'happy ending' thing is all bullshit.
Right now, I'm left with two simple questions.
One: Am I even ready to grow up?
and
Two: Would it even matter if I'm not?

1 comment:

  1. When I turned 16, I didn't feel much different.
    Just the same old Charlie, no more, no less.

    To me, its just another step toward growing up,
    Another chapter in your life.
    Don't stress too much over it.
    :)

    ReplyDelete